Holistic Investment Strategies for a Volatile, Low-Yield World
In the 10-part video series, All Options on the Table: Holistic Investment Strategies for a Volatile, Low-Yield World, gain practical insights on the due diligence and portfolio implementation of options and option-based strategies.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the essentials of options including options definitions and positions
- Identify the different objectives, risks, and roles of options within a portfolio
- Explain how to overcome the fear of options strategies as a risk in a portfolio
- Describe options pricing factors and how they interconnect with one another
- Explain how volatility plays a role in options and what this means for the VIX
- Analyze synthetics by recreating profit/loss scenarios
- Explore various valuation models including the Black-Scholes option pricing model and pricing trees
- Differentiate various liquid alternative strategies
- Identify options and option-based strategies suited for de-risking a portfolio (hedging) or enhancing return (income)
The curriculum consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Options 101
- Module 2: Know What You Own
- Module 3: Avoiding the Big Blow-Up
- Module 4: Options Pricing Factors - "The Greeks"
- Module 5: Advanced Options Pricing Factors
- Module 6: Volatility and the VIX
- Module 7: Synthetics
- Module 8: Valuation Models
- Module 9: The Liquid Alternative Universe
- Module 10: Explaining Options in Plain English
You can access modules 1 & 2 right now. To view modules 3 - 10, please sign up here.
Marc Odo, CFA, FRM CAIA, CIPM, CFP®, Client Portfolio Manager, Swan Global Investments
Marc Odo, CFA, FRM CAIA, CIPM, CFP®, is responsible for helping clients and prospects gain a detailed understanding of Swan’s Defined Risk Strategy, including how it fits into an overall investment strategy. His responsibilities also include producing most of Swan’s thought leadership content.
Prior to joining Swan, Odo was Director of Research for 11 years at Zephyr Associates, a leading provider of investment analysis software. He was responsible for developing next generation risk analytics. Prior to that he was a portfolio manager with Accessor Capital Management, a mutual fund company; and part of the investment analytics team at Pacific Portfolio Consulting, an RIA catering to high net worth individuals and ERISA plans. In both positions, Odo was the resident Zephyr expert. He graduated from the University of Washington in 1996.